Maker is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs), autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects with very experienced technical team of blockchain developers. We believe in a future that leverages the power of decentralization for trustless transactions. With Maker, we are carrying out our vision of creating a decentralized stablecoin that will unlock unique benefits of a complete financial ecosystem on the blockchain, and democratize financial inclusion.
We currently have a position for the role of Financial Controller and Accountant at our Copenhagen Office. This newly created role is based on growing demand and offers a fantastic opportunity to work across multiple countries in a fast-growing industry at the cutting edge of the blockchain revolution.
The role: You will join the Finance team, focusing predominantly on the financial record keeping of our multiple legal entities, including a range of financial controls and preparing the company-wide financial reporting. You will report to the Global CFO. You will also be responsible for producing the monthly management report used by internal and external stakeholders, and your work will be critical to understand business performance and to support executive decision making. For the relevant entities, you will be responsible for the provision of accurate financial data, reporting and preparing the budget as well as compliance to accounting and financial audit regulations and standards, both internal and external.
- Ensure that transactions are recognized and recorded at fair value in the correct periods
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly management reporting pack along with monthly variance and budget analysis
- Prepare the monthly reporting, quarterly forecasts, and yearly budgets
- Assisting with ad-hoc financial analysis and requests from other areas of the business
- With the CFO, develop and maintain internal controls for the Company, including a monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Work closely with team members to ensure successful achievement of objectives and to enhance the team’s overall capabilities
- Plan and control the year-end audit and production of financial statutory accounts
- Drive process and control improvements within the finance department
- Work with other managers in the business to provide Finance expertise and assist them in achieving the Foundation´s overall strategy
- Support development of the organisations’ remuneration and compensation strategy including payroll automation and optimisation
- Assist the CFO in Treasury Management and funds allocation
- Bachelor or Master in Audit, Accounting or financial management, or similar degree
- 4+ years’ experience in Financial accounting environment, preferably with exposure to IFRS
- Working with large multinational companies with exposure to different cultures is an advantage
- Superuser for NAV Financials, SAP or similar type of ERP system where excellent IT skills are required to analyze and solve daily challenges
- Strong communicator with the ability to clearly understand complex situations and suggest courses of action
Please apply for this position via makerdao.com/careers no later than the 28th of March at 12:00 pm. If you have any questions please contact our CFO Torben Jørgensen +45 60796662.
Learn more about MakerDAO at makerdao.com
- Address c/o Njalsgade 76, 3 sal
- Danish required Yes
- Partners may contact me No